SENIOR DRIVER ASSESSMENTS
Helping Seniors Drive Safer and Longer
Book a Senior Drivers Assessment for yourself or if referred by your GP
Book a Senior Driver Assessment for your senior patient
And friends book a Senior Drivers Assessment for your relative
Become an SDA Registered
SDA helps seniors drive safer and longer
We offer standardised driving assessments carried out by Registered Driving Schools
Are you a senior driver?
Are you concerned about your own driving and want to get an assessment?
Are you a medical professional?
SDA helps you to assess your senior patient’s competence to drive and that their skill set remains sufficient to retain their driver’s licence.
Are you a friend or family of a senior driver?
What is a Senior Driver Assessment?
Senior Driver Assessments provides a standardised driving assessment for seniors, carried out by one of our Registered Driving Schools. A Senior Driver Assessment is just that – a 26 point checklist which covers all aspects of driver safety and can be used as part of a GPs or other medical professionals’ assessment of a senior patient’s suitability to drive, especially for patients over the age where a legal assessment and/or medical certificate is required for retention of their driver’s licence.
How does it work?
- A medical professional, family member, friend or the senior driver themselves registers for an assessment on this website
- The driver is contacted by one of our Registered Driving Schools
- A driving assessor will take the senior driver on a test drive, complete the assessment and submit an online report to the medical professional detailing the results of the assessment, along with a general recommendation on whether the senior driver is safe to drive or not
- It is the medical professional’s decision as to whether the senior driver can keep their licence, but a Senior Driver Assessment will provide practical input on whether the senior is “safe to drive”
- If a family member or friend registered the senior driver then they will receive the Assessment report
By Admin - Mar 29 2023
As the population in Australia continues to age, the number of older drivers on the road is increasing. While many seniors are able to drive safely well into their golden years, age-related changes can affect their driving abilities. To ensure the safety of older drivers, their passengers, and other road users, driving fitness assessments have […]
By Admin - Feb 10 2022
While many people like to feel like they’re still young as they age, it’s simply a fact of life that various physical and mental faculties deteriorate with age. Obviously, this level of deterioration varies from person to person, but none of us are immune to the advancement of aging. When it comes to driving on […]
By Admin - Jan 19 2021
As you get older, the same reflexes and physical abilities you possessed when you were younger start to diminish. If you’re a senior driver on Australian roads, then you’ll need to be more aware of this fact and take into account that your reaction time might not be what it used to be, or that […]
By Admin - Jan 13 2021
How To Tell If Your Parents’ Driving Days Are Finished While older people and senior citizens in Australia are still well capable of driving safely on Australian roads, that’s not always the case with every aging individual. As people age, naturally their physical abilities, reflexes and mental faculties can suffer deterioration. Therefore, it’s vital that […]